The today's hero of our interview is Chaplygina Yevgeniya, who has been working in our Bank for over 12 years. Yevgeniya shares her career history, colorfully describes what challenges she faced and what tasks to solve during her work here. She also gives some valuable advices to beginners of Home Credit Bank, who are filled with ambitions and aspirations for new achievements!
– Can you tell us how long have you been working at the Bank and did you have career moves during the work?
– I have moved a lot (she laughs - editor's note). I have been working at Bank Home Credit since April, 2006. I have started my career as an operator for dossier check, after six months I had transferred to a position of senior specialist. In 2007, I was at the head of Authorization division. We have adopted the experience of our colleagues from Moscow, and the launch process was in interesting form, because if the system is now working automatically, at that time we had to do everything literally by hand: the office walls had maps, and we tracked and decided where to direct call and what check must be performed.
After this interesting experience, I became the head of Credit administration division. Maybe in 2009 or maybe later (she laughs - editor's note). Actually, I hold this position up to now.
"I HAVE STARTED MY CAREER AS AN OPERATOR FOR DOSSIER CHECK, AFTER SIX MONTHS I HAD TRANSFERRED TO A POSITION OF SENIOR SPECIALIST"
– So, in just 3 years you have grown from specialist to head of unit?
– Yes, indeed.
– There are 4 values in our Bank: fairness, outcome orientation, flexibility and innovation. Can you name a key value for you, looking back now on the path you have passed?
– Each of them is close to me. For example, I follow outcome orientation for myself, while in relations with colleagues fairness is important for me. After all, in management activity, I cannot refer only to their results, and I need to be fair to all of them equally.
– The work at Bank Home Credit supposes a multi-profile and extensive professional skills base for its employees. Do you agree with this?
– Absolutely! If you are not afraid to take new tasks and show results, then be sure that the management will see your achievements and give you new goals. That's how you grow. This is facilitated by open communication between the Bank's employees and managers. Even now Ladi (Ladislav Shimichek, Board Member, Director of IT and Operational department) asks me: "How you are still motivated on work after 12 years of work?»
"IF YOU ARE NOT AFRAID TO TAKE NEW TASKS AND SHOW RESULTS, THEN BE SURE THAT THE MANAGEMENT WILL SEE YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS AND GIVE YOU NEW GOALS"
For example, there is a stereotype about the work of operational work that it is boring routine work. I want to say that it is not like that! Every day we have "bombs" blowing up (she laughs - editor's note). These are new challenges and new tasks! After all, there is no perfect train that can be put on the rails and you can watch its smooth travel. It is not like that. You have to make some small repairs, fasten or change something. How do we know that something went wrong? Everybody talks and discusses about that. When the work is done well by someone, then nobody talks about that!
– What advice could you give to beginners who just step into the position at Bank Home Credit?
– Don't be afraid! You should give 100% at your work. Even now, I perform survey when hiring candidates and ask them the question: "Where do you see yourself in six months?» Their answer: in the position of senior specialist, head of division and so on. Question: "What have you done to become a senior specialist?» Answer: «Nothing». Well, then look at your first point. You should always remain ambitious and continue to believe in yourself and in your strength!